The Old Bog Road

The Old Bog Road
My dog and friend on the old bog road

Saturday 22 October 2011

Weather

This last while the weather has been so changeable it is hard to know what season we are in, firstly it was so warm we might have been on the mediterranean, then it turned positively arctic with strong gales and heavy rain. We had a couple of bright sunny days but the wind was cold, now we are back to warmer days but wild and wet again. The gales have all but striped the trees now and they are showing their wonderful skeletal structures. I think that perhaps I like them almost best now as their true strength and beauty can be seen. The time trees are at their very best is spring  when the leaves are just unfurling and you can still see their structure. The ground is still very dry as I walk with Ben round the fields and down  the old bog road, I can still go in my shoes and Ben comes in clean which is a huge bonus at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment